Saturday, July 27, 2013

I'm Baaaaaaaak.

Mt blog’s been quiet for a long time. It started as a marathon/ ultra-running training blog but when I messed up my back and had to quit running for about eight months, it went fallow.  Well the back’s fine now but the desire to run ridiculous distances waxes and wanes. Since neither my mind nor need to spew onto a page didn’t go fallow, I decided to change the title and resume blogging in a more random way.

Stranger In A Strange Land is an homage to Robbie Robertson and one of the most mysterious tunes I’ve ever known,  “Somewhere Down The Crazy River”.  It was released in 1987 on his first solo album titled simply, Robbie Robertson. The entire album is as fresh today as it was twenty-odd years ago and I have never stopped listening to it.  

Anyway, I write a professional blog called Building Smart and I try to post on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook at least once a day, but those formats are limiting. I want a platform to share ideas and discoveries that strike and provoke me. I’m going to try not to get political because I am really sick and tired of all the bitching and moaning (I keep thinking about Rodney King – Why can’t we all  just get along?). But no promises.

There will be no schedule. I may update weekly, daily, twice a day or once a month -- who the heck knows. As the spirit moves, so will go the blog posts. If you click on the “Join This Site” button or the “Follow by Email” submission over there on the right, you’ll get a notification each time I post something new. 

One other thing: I'm still supporting the Semper Fi Fund for injured Marines, and I hope you will to. You can click on that link as well to make a donation -- even $10 bucks is appreciated. Thanks for reading this and stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment